If you are anything like me, then you probably get great pleasure out of finding out how other people use their Midori Traveler's Notebooks. So I have decided to share with you a few ideas...
|Feel free to pin or share this image with a link back to the blog, thanks.|
The GREAT thing about Midori Traveler's Notebooks...
...is that you can refill them with notebook refills that you can very easily make yourself. This means that you can make your notebook refills with any number of pages to suit your individual needs. The less pages you decide to have in each notebook refill, the more refills you can fit into your midori at the same time, and the quicker you can get through each notebook; which personally I find quite satisfying :) It's also convenient if you're still getting used to your Midori, and you're still not entirely sure how you want to use it. You can try out different refill designs for a short time without feeling anxious about waste.
But what refills will you find most useful?
Well, the most obvious of course are diary/calendar notebooks, which most people seem to use in their Midori Traveler's Notebooks. Also refills for doodling or taking random notes, art sketchbook refills, and journal or scrapbooking refills seem to popular choices too. Sometimes it can be fun to try out new ideas though, because you never know, having an art sketchbook in your Midori might encourage you to be more artistic than you knew you were, or having a notebook refill dedicated to recording your dreams in when you wake up might help you in your creative writing, or self therapy efforts.
So, what alternative notebook refill ideas are there?
There must be an infinite number of ways you can use your notebook refills. You can get so many ideas just by browsing other people's blogs, chatting to other Midori Traveler's Notebook users on Facebook, or just thinking about your personal interests and looking at stationery online. Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing...
- Dream Journal - As I have already mentioned, a notebook refill can be dedicated to recording your dreams. if you keep your Midori, Traveler's Notebook by your bedside, when you wake up first thing in the morning you will be able to quickly recall details of your dreams and record them. This can assist a very interesting and personal journey. You should try it! It might also help you to develop an emotional connection or relationship with your journal, which is what all of us Midori fans strive to do through personalisation.
- Doodle Book - If you like to let your pen wander aimlessly across the backs of envelopes when you are on the phone, maybe you should consider keeping a doodle book. Who knows, each page could turn into wonderful abstract pieces of art!
- Brainstorming Pad - Everybody has a preferred way of taking notes to remind themselves of ideas for shopping lists, blog posts and other things. Why not try brainstorming as a very free and visual way of generating ideas? Keeping a notebook refills dedicated to your brainstorming will encourage you to use this open form of note-taking; and the best thing about brainstorms is that it is easy to add onto your ideas, link things together, and even use little sketches. TIP: Use your notebook horizontally!
- Stamp Collecting - People who like to collect things or compile things might want to dedicate a notebook refill to collecting, say stamps, or stickers, or receipts, lists...
- Recipes Ideas - How about a notebook dedicated to yummy recipes? It can accompany you to the supermarket when you go, and then you can take it out to make space for something else when you know you won't be doing any shopping!
In what inventive ways do you use your Midori Traveler's Notebook refills?